Spring Veggie Egg Scramble
An attempt at an omelette failed due to the excessive amount of vegetables.
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
- 2 T milk (I used skim)
- 1 piece of asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup eggplant, chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 T EVOO
- salt & pepper
Super quick and easy for a nutritious meal that can be served as breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The eggs give the protein and the veggies, well, fulfill your RDA of veggies. It’s colorful too!
Chop the veggies and whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl. Saute the veggies in the EVOO until onions are translucent.
Add the eggs and cook until eggs are done to your liking.
Easy peasy. Eat all of it and don’t feel guilty because it’s basically ALL veggies.