First, thank you SO much for all of your encouraging comments yesterday! It’s nice to have people to relate to and I’m so thankful for this community and your honesty! 😀
I must say I’m quite impressed with my diligence in cranking out a post every day so far despite a busy schedule. Let’s see how long I can keep this up, shall we?
It should look like this outside. Instead, the days still fall in the 100-degree range and the landscape is brown, aka dead. But I’m not bitter. Because a new month means fresh goals!
August goals recap:
- went out of comfort zone many times – be it staying out late, actually going out, going on yet another trip with no guarantee of exercise, moving back to school
- conquer the weight room at the school rec center – did NOT happen because GOOD NEWS: I joined a new gym! This is my first paid gym experience, and it’s been worth it so far. It even has a ladies’ room that some of you mentioned, so all of the fear is gone. [the eye candy in the main gym doesn’t totally suck either]
- followed a new split strength training plan & loved working my individual muscles hardcore
Monday: back & abs
Tuesday: chest & shoulders
Thursday: back & hamstrings
Friday: shoulders, bis & tris
- grocery budget – much success on my first [food] shopping spree, filled an empty fridge and pantry for under $50 ! and that’s including spices, flours, etc
- rested alot – in Asheville, took a few days off here and there after I moved in
1) Focus on abs more – devote 3 days a week to a full ab routine. Gotta get that 6-pack in time for the winter! 😉
2) Try a new recipe – send me your favorite! Time isn’t on my side during the school year so I won’t have time to make all the goodies I want. ONE recipe is my goal. Sounds easy, yet I know if I don’t make it a goal, it won’t be happenin
3) Join an organization – I’ve joined my fair share of groups and clubs since coming to college, but haven’t found my “niche” yet. THIS is the semester, I can feel it!
4) Stretch daily – I’m super bad about stretching, yet I have a desire to do the splits at some point in my life. Even if it’s just for a few minutes while catching up with my roomies or taking a study break, I am declaring stretching a MUST.
5) Wake up 5 minutes early every morning for prayer time – it’s crazy how fast prayer gets pushed to dead last on the to-do list of mine every day. 5 minutes is nothing and really, should be much longer.
Any recipe suggestions? Specifically ones with pumpkin since it’s *officially* time for me to start celebrating fall despite the wicked temps
Are you in/have you been in any organizations? I’ve tried just about everything – from intramurals to bible studies to all girls organizations to community service groups. Obviously I’m hard to please 😀